HOPE’s Social Skills program helps to build life-long skills.
Our Social Skills program focuses on many skills including:
- Recognizing/Understanding other view points
- Social problem solving
- Conflict management
- Active listening
- Effective communication
- Acceptance and tolerance of diverse groups
- Social thinking
- Anger management
Why HOPE believes in Social Skills classes?
Social Skills are necessary for a happy work and personal life. Learning how to handle difficult situations and relationships in an appropriate manner is a vital component of a successful education. Fostering good social skills also has a big impact on keeping our classrooms a safe and fun place to learn.
What are Social Skills:
Social Skills are the foundation of successfully functioning throughout life. They help us understand how to make choices, what to say, and how to behave in a variety of situations.
Why Good Social Skills are Important?
A strong foundation in appropriate social skills impacts both school and home life. Good social skills can translate into:
- A positive and safe school environment
- An ability to handle stressful situations appropriately – now and in the future
- An understanding how to safely channel frustration
- The ability to take personal responsibility
- Better academic performance